Wednesday, October 11, 2023

My Daughter's Letter to PM Trudeau

Both my daughter and my wife work for the Canadian federal government in different areas.

For years they have been subjected to various Black History events. Lately there have also been numerous Indigenous events being celebrated at their work places as well. There have been many other special commemorative celebrations  for various ethnicities and nationalities at their separate work places. 

But not once was there ever a celebration for Israel nor did they celebrate the non-existent 'Jewish History month'. If my wife wanted to get a promotion she'd have to undertake numerous courses on Black History. 

Their union contributed to Black Lives Matter. A vile, antisemitic group that even today is proud of what Hamas has done and is doing to innocent Israelis. 

    Hundreds of Israeli bodies lie strewn on the roads 

Work places throughout my country whether they are government or private must acknowledge the vile, Nazi like atrocities that are taking place right now! It's not political. It's should be part of today's dialogue throughout the world. Just like we have in the past when terrible events took place anywhere in the world, like tsunamis or forest fires. 

Canada and Japan are the only 2 countries out of the G7 that were not part of a joint statement condemning the Hamas attack on Israel.  The silence here in Canada is deafening. Other than back in April when Trudeau decided to tell PM Netanyahu to be careful how he deals with his Arab population after a raid on a mosque in Jerusalem. 

Today my daughter wrote the following letter to our Prime Minister. I think it sends a perfect message. 

Hello Mr Justin Trudeau,

I am a federal worker in Toronto. I am also Jewish. I also have several family members in Israel. I cannot express to you how deeply saddened I am from this week’s events. I have many emotions, but I am also trying to work and look after my family while going through this terrible time. Not once have I received any acknowledgement from my coworkers, my management, and my union. I feel alone and on an island. I’m offended and I’m hurt.

This stems from you. You are responsible for taking action to advise your staff how to address this war and each other. If you are too scared to speak up then I ask you to question why that is. If you are scared as to cause any sort of political unrest, then perhaps you are holding some sort of bias against Jews and israel. You should be telling Jewish employees to stay home if they don’t feel safe. You should be asking your staff to look out and report any hate speech or actions. You should be asking people to stand together against hate and condemn the actions taken by Hamas. 

Your lack of actions only make me believe  you either do not care or worse you support the inhumane acts that have happened to human life. 

I have never felt more unwelcome in this country and my workforce in my entire life. 

2 comments:

Melchick said...

This is straight to the point and well said, Jessie. T
The silence is indeed defining.
#standwithisrael

Hmom said...

Amazing and disheartening that this is taking place in a civilized society. Wake up Canada !!